Our Mission: Get better. Be better. Do better.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Cultivating a company culture that reflects our core values. This means that we encourage respect, fun, hard work, out-of-the-box thinking, curiosity, diversity, open-mindedness, social responsibility and more.
- Hiring experienced and skilled professionals in all company positions, who excel in everything they do and strive to continually improve for their and their clients’ benefit.
- Bringing authenticity and a moral center to every interaction.
Our Core Values
1. Express Curiosity: We never want to become complacent and accept the status quo. We strive to discover the underlying reasons – the WHY? – behind how things are done. This allows us to be more efficient innovators and problem solvers.
2. Fulfill Potential: We believe that there is untapped potential inside everyone. At Stonecrest, we help to unlock that potential by encouraging each other to step outside comfort zones, learn new skills, and broaden our knowledge base. We are better able to realize our potential when we challenge and stretch oursleves – and help our officers, managers, and staff members do the same.
3. Harness Change: Change, especially constant change, can be unsettling. At Stonecrest, change is a fundamental characteristic of our industry. Our goal is to move away from resisting change, become more comfortable with it, then to encourage and embrace it, and finally, to drive change in a manner that benefits our clients and our company.
4. Have Fun: WE are Stonecrest’s unique and memorable personality. We want to be able to laugh at ourselves and find humor in our daily work. We believe we function best as a company when we allow all aspects of our selves to show up. Our recipe for win-win success is to take our core commitment to excellence, add some fun and a touch of weirdness, bake in a high pressure industry, and serve with great outcome, a bit of humility and a wink.
5. Be Innovative, Resourceful, and Open-Minded: At Stonecrest, we consistently innovate and enjoy exploring new possibilities. We are encouraged to open our minds and be creative in designing unique solutions. Because of this, we end up making our own luck. Our open-mindedness, resourcefulness, and creativity help us think outside the box, which leads to the unconventional solutions that allow us to rise above and stay ahead of the competition.
6. Build Strong, Positive Relationships: We strive to build strong, positive relationships with managers, direct reports, business partners, team members, co-workers, and clients. Some of the ways we do that include: Developing Trust: We earn trust by being honest, forthright, and respectful in every interaction.
Communicating Effectively: The most important element of effective communication is open listening – to hear the full message without any filtering agenda. We then do our utmost to respond clearly and in a manner designed to bring about the best outcome. We aim to make everyone feel seen, heard, and valued. Really Caring: A key ingredient in strong relationships is emotional connection. We emotionally connect with each other by sharing friendship, expressing compassion, demonstrating loyalty – by really caring for one another. Oh – and laughing. We love to laugh with each other and our clients. We believe that, at the end of the day, it’s how you made someone feel that is most important. Embracing Diversity: We celebrate and embrace our diversity and each person’s individuality. Our unique and varied perspectives, opinions, and backgrounds make us who we are. Our diversity enables us to design better solutions for our company and our clients.
7. Cultivate an Inclusive Team Spirit: The best leaders are those who value everyone on the team and work to ensure the success of each member. They lead by example, not by ego. Each team member is recognized for our contributions and encouraged to advance our skill level. We each take initiative and ownership, and welcome collaboration with others. We turn away from cynicism, gossip, and pettiness, and work to create harmony and ensure success for the team, our company, and our clients. And, at Stonecrest, we are more than just a team – we are a family. We care and watch out for each other. We go above and beyond for each other because we believe in and trust each other. We work hard together – we play hard together.
8. Reach for Excellence: While we may be casual in our interactions with each other, we are focused and serious about the operations of our business. We go the extra mile to achieve operational excellence. We never lose our sense of urgency or settle for “good enough”. Because there is always room for improvement, our work is never done. We do our best to stay ahead of the curve and deliver results that are above and beyond. We set the bar high and, more often than not, hit our targets. We use mistakes as learning opportunities.
9. Be Humble: We believe that no matter what happens we should always be respectful of everyone. While we celebrate our successes, we are not arrogant, nor do we treat others differently from how we would want to be treated. Instead, we carry ourselves with a quiet confidence because we believe that, in the long run, our character will speak for itself.
10. Practice Social Responsibility: We believe in behaving ethically and with sensitivity toward social, cultural, economic and environmental issues. Our choices have a clear impact on our business and society, resulting in a positive contribution to bottom-line results.